A Natural Wonder

I went on a date with nature
A weekend in the middle of nowhere
A tonne of green, a tinge of brown
My mind losing any reason to frown 


I heard an orchestra of crickets
Sounds of birds rarely found
The pitter-patter of raindrops
The unending songs had many messages

Observe and Appreciate!
There's beauty in the small things
Like an act of kindness

Listen and Connect!
There's so much that goes unnoticed
Like the voices of those oppressed and sometimes, the ones we love

Pause and Think!
There's life in your moments worth acknowledging
Like a child in a sandbox

Why did I love these dates? 
My nana took me on my first few ones
For him, it was about food and family
For me, it was sheer curiosity


What made the elephant trumpet so loud?
How did we have a roof full of orange flowers?
Why did the waterfall make a thunderous sound? 

Questions which eventually helped me understand:
Why education is beyond schools
Why living things have a purpose 
And finally, why nature made me feel the way it did
Being with nature, taught me my nature of being.

PS: This poem was inspired by Sakleshpur's bountiful sights!

Comments

Popular Posts