Get Well Soon

The monsoon season brings with it the onset of seasonal diseases. A concentrated number of incidents occur in areas which have a conducive environment for the vectors and microbes of illnesses to thrive, like Shivaji Nagar, and the high density of people in such areas ensure they spread rapidly.

No matter how much care one takes of themselves, failing health is a constant challenge during the season. A five day outbound retreat, multivitamin supplements, preventive medication, regular exercise, additional hours of sleep - nothing works. I have strong plans for my kids, but I don't know how to over power the constant attack of illness. I recovered from viral fever last week and am currently suffering from conjunctivitis.

Further, it doesn't help when not just you but the whole team is struggling with the problem. A team member recovered from malaria a fortnight ago, another has just recovered from typhoid. My co-fellow had a bacterial infection accompanied by high fever last week. All the absenteeism significantly increases the pressure.

I have been focusing on everything positive for the last many weeks. The only thing that is currently keeping me going is my love for my kids and my desire to utilize every second I have left with them. It has helped remain gritty and be in school every single day of the last semester.

There is only so much mental strength you can conjure to face the daily stress of working in the area. However, it has not been easy. I can't wait for this season to end soon and my health to fully recover so that I can shift gears from this conservative pace.

Comments

Popular Posts