Creative Expression through Experience

They say a picture is worth a thousand words. The time it takes me to get one good photograph is probably thrice as much as it takes me to write one good post. However, the effort it takes me to get inspiration for writing is probably thirty times as much as it takes me to click a photograph. While it may seem between the two, I frequently choose photography over writing as my preferred means of expression, it is often a third medium that exhausts the will to practice either of the two, which is experiencing aesthetic or creative brilliance itself. 

Many a time, I end up seeing a work which is a representation of an creative thought in me. Though not my own, it works well to release the vent up creative energy within me. There is only so much more I can do to portray a thought better than the one I have witnessed and enjoyed with immense pleasure. I automatically run out of the will  to recreate what I have already seen before my eyes for the few days that follow. However, it is crucial that the experience is a moving one, a one I connect with.

Today, I saw the movie "Shanghai". Among all the recent movies, I have not seen a better depiction of the corruption inflicted, exploitative and power driven leadership of India than this one. Kudos to Dibakar Banerjee for having laid out the plot beautifully, the cast for having depicted characters that the Indian in me could connect with and above all the crew, for not having missed an opportunity to evoke an emotion, through the choicest visual and sound experience. The movie doesn't even spare the title as a means of evoking thoughts, ensuring you ponder over the contradictions that bind the nation when you leave your seats. I will not write about India nor will I reveal the plot of the movie. I can't because I was overwhelmed. I will however recommend you to watch the movie. 


Comments

Popular Posts