Bonjour

Dear Paris,
Parlez-vous anglais s'il vous plaît? That's all the French I know. Chances are high what is written would not make any sense to you as well. Which world are you living in?! How can anyone not know English! I feel like a stranger on your streets.

It is good to be the stranger sometimes. You can say whatever you like without the fear of worrying about what others make of it. ''Kameeno, kabhi to hass lo'' That's what I said out loud while travelling in the tram. They didn't have a clue.

On a more serious note, your people barely speak. There is pin drop silence in public transport. The city seems like it never speaks. The calmness is conspicuous to anyone who comes from a place called India.

However, you speak through art and architecture. Every building on the streets has an element of culture in it. Be it theatre, opera or sculpting, all are taken seriously. I must commend you for being able to retain your essence in the extremely modernized and fast paced world of today.

It is good to know you have a soul too. I have realized its importance after having returned from a city that has neither a heart nor soul. I at least know I can fall in love with you as I get to know you better.

Though I have much more to say (stuff like how 'bon apetite' is a misnomer for vegetarians in Paris), I have little time on my hands. I have been invited to a party by residents of your city. Looking forwards to a memorable three hours with them and an even more memorable three months with you.

Cheers,
The Illuminator


Comments

astrodominie said…
you're in Paris! you're so lucky. i only drove through it once years ago. why are you there?
The Illuminator said…
Studying. Exchange programme!

Popular Posts