Superiority Complex

KK and he sat in diagonally opposite chairs in a cubicle,both within my audible range. At first I felt he was talking to himself. When I tried to make sense of his words, I realised he was giving instructions. But to whom? The computer monitor? It took me a while to realise he was talking to . The moment he asked a question, KK stood up and walked to his desk, diligently like a subordinate would. KK stood there looking at him, answering him, taking his orders like a timid rabbit. On the other hand, he acted as if nothing had changed. He continued working on his system while he gave instructions. Not once did he give KK a nod of approval or even establish eye contact. As soon as he was done, KK returned to his seat and resumed working. 

Sometime after the above incident happened, another colleague of mine approached my super boss. He explained his predicament and requested my super boss to grant him a leave of a week. After 5 minutes, all he heard from him was "Drop me a mail." Again, he didn't even look at him. 

In whatever little professional experience I have had so far, I have never experienced why the person called 'boss' is often considered the reason of trauma and insinuation. I saw a glimpse of the traumatizer yesterday. Luckily for me, he was not my boss, but my immediate supervisor's boss. He personified arrogance and snobbishness.He was smart and knew his work well, but that didn't give him any right to be patronizing or condescending in his manners. I could only pity my supervisor who didn't deserve one bit of the curtness.

After seeing his attitude, I sincerely hope I get a better boss than him because I know I will be a better boss than him when my day comes, definitely more likable. I also hope that day comes soon. For that, I have to move off the bench and get onto a project. High hopes though!

 

Comments

Pallavi said…
Hmmm..a "taciturn tyrant"
Like they say,"The whole world runs on hope." So hope for a "benevolent boss" and then hope to become a "better boss" ;)
Unknown said…
I suppose bad bosses are a dime a dozen... Probably they were in that situation once, and are hitting back...
I'm sure you will get a project soon. Hang in there.
Priya said…
Reminds me of One Night @ the Call Center !! =P
All the Besstt !! =)
Vishesh said…
i get what you mean...i can relate this to school...most kids are scared of the principal..now knowing him more closely,we know he is a very person :P
Satty said…
ya i totally agree with u dude even i faced the same situations a couple of times,,,,newayz hope u get a gud proj....n stay up to ur dream....:)
ALL THE VERY BEST bro... :)
Labyrinthine said…
Snobbish,arrogant bosses,I guess its all part of big companies..you just have to make sure you don't end up becoming one too!:P..I feel they do it because they want to feel superior,big and important(technically they know they ain't that very good)..and who could be better than their juniors to show their superiority upon?Losers.Here's hoping you get a good project!

Popular Posts