Finding Neverland

“Woaaaaaaaahhhhhhh” I hear a loud roar. And guess what, it sounds like me! That’s not all. There’s also a tingling sensation in my belly. I’m free falling. I never reach ground zero though. It’s like a video being played in a loop. Before you start wondering what I’m exactly doing here, it is simply a description of one of my recurrent dreams.

One of my last few blogs was on insomnia. This one is in the backdrop of the opposite state, the state of being completely cut of from the real world, in the deepest of sleeps.

Dreams are a completely inexplicable phenomenon. I have had my rendezvous with them more than once for sure. What’s shocking is over the past few months, I actually recollect bits and pieces of what I have dreamt very often, and I can’t help but feel amused at the haphazard and illogical nature of each one of them.

Like in one of my dreams some time last month, I saw this long corridor with a number of identical straw doors, leading to a series of stairs carved in rock, which open at a mountain peak. I never opened any of the doors but ran up and down the stairs for god knows how long getting something like water from the peak.

It is amazing the potential to which your brain can fantasize and create a completely exotic and unknown world before your eyes. It has places which you have never visited before, with known or unknown faces, sometimes even creatures, and with actions that deny logic and reasoning in every which way. For instance, I happened to have fought with a lion in a posh lobby, later realising that I myself was in the body of another lion. Freaked me out completely!

I really don’t think dreams come true, but sometimes there is a sense of deja-vu attached to things you do. In another of those senseless dreams, I remember having to fill in my name in some form innumerable times and while filling in the form for a driving school afterwards, I realise that the surroundings looked extraordinarily familiar for a place I haven’t seen before.

All in all, each dream is so different, some unique, others bizarre, some scary while others comical. I have come to realise that dreams depict the magnificent pool of boundless creativity we all have been gifted. The only problem is we don't know how to exploit its untapped potential, when we are in our complete senses- one of the questions that has often come to my minds during the times when I have been completely jobless.

It is worthy mentioning a line from the book The Dream Game in this regard, "That which the dream shows is the shadow of such wisdom as exists in man, even if during his waking state he may know nothing about it...We do not know it because we are fooling away our time with outward and perishing things, and are asleep in regard to that which is real within ourselves." Strange but true!

Comments

Popular Posts